Recently Microsoft introduced updates for Windows addressing a Credential Security Support Provider protocol (CredSSP) vulerability. If the updates are applied to local PC/workstation prior to installing the updates on the host, remote desktop connections could fail. When this occurs, you will receive an error that reads:
An authentication error has occurred.
The function requested is not supported
This could be due to CredSSP encryption oracle remediation
To resolve this issue the following steps should be taken:
1. Log into the remote server, run updates and reboot the server
2. If you cannot connect to the server, try another device that has not been updated such as a different PC, iPad, iPhone, etc.
3. If you have no way to access the server, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance
4. Once the server is updated, run updates on your local PC and reboot
These steps should solve the issue of failing remote desktop connections.
- 0 Users Found This Useful